As the leaves change color and the air turns crisp, we at Natale Builders, in Buffalo, New York, know that homeowners are starting to think about how to keep their houses cozy and warm this winter without breaking the bank.
Keeping your electric bills down and saving energy during the cold months doesn't have to be a daunting task. With a bit of preparation, you can enjoy a comfortable, energy-efficient home this fall and winter.
Here are some winter energy-saving tips:
- Seal and insulate. Stopping drafts is one of the easiest ways to save energy. Look for gaps around windows and doors and seal them with weather stripping or caulk.
- Use a smart thermostat. It lowers your electric bills by adjusting according to your schedule. That includes turning down the heat while you're out and turning it up just before you get home.
- Consider energy-efficient heating. Such systems produce the same level of warmth with less energy, lowering your bills.
- Maintain systems. Like your car needs regular oil changes, your heating system needs regular checkups. This can be as simple as regularly changing the filters.
- Use natural heat. On bright days, open your curtains so sunlight warms your home.
Remember, preparing your home for the colder months isn't just about comfort; it's also about being energy smart.
Let us help you
At Natale Builders, we understand the importance of home energy efficiency. Our custom-built homes are designed with energy-saving features that not only help the environment but also keep your energy costs down. If you’re looking to build a new home, call us today, at 716-580-3318. Let’s make your dream of an energy-efficient home a reality.